Monday, September 21, 2009

First Hunt







Our first hunting adventure started on Friday morning in Academy. I was at the register to check out with my 4T camoflauge shirt and the smallest pair of camoflauge rubber boots I could find when the sweet looking little old lady in front of me commented on how adorable my little boy was going to look in the items I was holding. The look on her face was priceless when I told her they were for my little girl. She almost gave me a look of contempt that I would dare dress my daughter in these things. (Note to others: Do not go to Academy and think that you are better than others. It is Academy, not Neiman Marcus) Little did she know, it didn't phase this country girl. I just smiled and said Cameron is our little hunting buddy. Again, the look of contempt.

Anyway, Cameron was super thrilled to have the perfect outfit to wear hunting. (See, still girly) While in San Angelo, we took her out to Cousin Tom's ranch and she had a blast looking at cows and goats and riding on the bumpy, rocky, so called roads. After a few test rounds fired off from Mom's 20 gauge, Cameron decided "that wasn't too bad" and we were off to dove hunt. She was a real trooper. She stayed right by my side picking up the dead birds and the not quite so dead birds (twitchers). She would even spot them in the air and yell "Shoot, Mom!" It was an amazing first hunt with my hunting buddy.

No comments: